Have you ever been on-call and had to carry the pager? Does the pain of being on-call resonate with you?
At VictorOps – our mission is making on-call suck less. Your mission is to get the word out about how VictorOps can help IT teams leverage collaboration to get problems solved faster – and give team members part of their lives back.
VictorOps supports this change in development and system administration with an alerting and collaboration platform for DevOps teams. Our DevOps Evangelist should be able to exhibit thought leadership in DevOps, speak to VictorOps’ position in the market and strengthen our presence in the community by helping more developers and ops engineers every day.
To pave the road as VictorOps’ first DevOps Evangelist as we work to contribute code, content and best practices to the broader DevOps community. You will play a critical role in helping us accomplish a number of business objectives by contributing in several key ways.
• Represent VictorOps by developing, attending, speaking and demoing at hackdays, conferences, meetups, accelerator programs, startup mixers, etc.
• Encourage DevOps teams to utilize best practices around collaboration for solving infrastructure and application problems quickly.
• Build and maintain relationships with prospective and current customers by helping them to achieve more.
• Create and improve existing resources for DevOps teams to use when integrating their existing systems with VictorOps: APIs, SDKs, code libraries, documentation, video tutorials, example integrations, etc.
• Provide customer support to developers in person, over the phone and online – at events and via email, live chat, social media, forums, etc.
• Gather feedback and report that back to the product and engineering teams, helping to guide our roadmap decisions.
• Be a helpful friend and resource to all developers, entrepreneurs, and community leaders – everywhere.
• Create your own integrations using VictorOps technology and any/all other APIs, SDKs, hardware, and software you choose – if you want to build on it, we’ll provide it.
• Team up with other developers on hackathon projects, etc.
• Contribute to open source projects & communities.
• Be creative and have fun!
• Experience (in DevOps, continuous integration, system administration) and an insistence on staying up to speed with current developments in DevOps. Come to this position from a web-developer/application-building perspective, or an ops/sys admin perspective – but either way know the value of these groups and the roles they play in system development and uptime.
• A passion for helping developers and startups do more faster.
• Personable, outgoing and community-oriented – enjoy interacting with others (especially geeks!) in professional and social settings.
• Excellent communicator – via the written and spoken word. Comfortable speaking one-on-one and in front of small and large groups alike.
• Willingness to travel – you will attend local, regional and national events. You should expect to be on the road multiple times per month. Travel is often on weekends. When you work a weekend, you should always take a weekday off to balance it out. Upon accepting this position, you can safely consider yourself a frequent flyer.
• Independent, responsible and self-motivated – you’ll work on your own, remotely at least 50% of the time. We want someone who takes initiative and gets sh%t done in an overly productive manner. Be the CEO of your position!
• An internal drive to be more awesome every day. Do you have the hunger?
• See the world (or at least the US) – visit our Boulder, CO office, and travel to the coolest cities in America – all while getting paid!
• Work for a company who truly cares about its employees and proves it through deliberate actions.
At VictorOps, we offer a great package which includes: competitive base salary; medical plan; dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan; paid holidays and 2 weeks vacation. We believe in work life balance, and we can prove it.
How to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why this position is perfect for you. Shoot us your resume and share links to your blog, twitter, Github, etc – show us who you are!