Tara Calihman - May 06, 2016
In honor of Passover and the not-so-good wine that everyone loves, we present you with Manischewitz. Like its namesake, this release is a response to many requests from those most important to us (our customers) and is guaranteed to go down sweetly, if not smoothly.
Read on to see why our cup runneth over with goodness…
5/4 Release Notes: Manischewitz
– Outbound webhooks are rolling out in very exclusive alpha for Legacy and Enterprise customers. Please let us know if this is a compelling feature for you.
– We recognized that our first pass at the incident reporting API was a bit underwhelming so we’re revving it to 2.0. We’ve adding the ability to get alerts that were part of an incident, we cleaned up our terminology and made sure you have access to the reason an incident changed to various states.
– Alert API: a key part of the incident API is the ability to find alerts that made up an incident. We’ve added an API so you can get the original alert for each phase of an incident. Here too we’ve spent some time making sure the data you get back is as useful as possible for your internal reporting needs.
– Display user first and last name in various places within rotation management.
– Want to isolate the Incident Pane or Timeline within your web view? You can now do so with collapsible panes in the Web UI, found in the upper right portion of the app.
– Added ability to resend the VictorOps invitation email to an unresponsive teammates from the users tab
– Improved laggy ‘delete user’ experience
– Remove extraneous whitespace from chat when ‘#-mentioning’ an incident number
– Fixed unusual black bars sometimes present in post-mortem reports
– Fixed phone number verification error
– Fixed numerous chat behavior problems, discovered when ‘@-mention and @@-mention’ is used
– Fixed acknowledging incidents from push notifications (for real this time… >.<)
– Add VictorOps incoming “paging” phone numbers to your phone Contacts – with one click in Settings Panel (i.e. auto-import vCard)
– Fixed missed chat indication on personal summary icon
– Fix crash caused by ingestion of an alert containing an empty URL annotation
– Rework message-type filter controls; now the same experience as route-key filter controls; note also new filter checkbox for ‘other’ system messages
– Fixed potential for app crash when answering a call or switching to another app
– Persist last state of Users and Teams panes (i.e. teams that are already expanded)