VictorOps is a growing startup located in Boulder, CO. This venture-backed team is made up of a strong mix of very talented and driven individuals, with a proven senior leadership team with a strong technical background.
The office layout is open and the floor plan helps to foster the casual, collaborative environment that has played a key role in the company’s innovation of its product. In addition, you will find everything you would expect in the office of a progressive and fun startup – stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks to keep you nourished, rooftop patio, and no less than two craft beers on tap for your enjoyment.
Who Are You?
As a Data Engineer at VictorOps, you will be responsible for building a highly-scalable data warehousing solution, using the latest technologies and methodologies. Furthermore, you will be leading the development of data products, both internal and external. You will be collaborating with a talented group of Data Scientists and a passionate Engineering team.
Our primary languages for developing backend software is Scala/Ruby/Python using an Agile development process.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience on the Linux platform
- Experience leading small teams to ensure software delivery
- Experience using a variety of big data data technologies (e.g. Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch/Solr, Spark, Apache Beam, Flink, Hadoop/EMR, etc)
- Experience building a modern, high volume, batch/streaming data pipeline
- Experience with cloud (Google Cloud Platform or AWS) data infrastructure technologies (e.g. Cloud Storage / AWS S3, Big Query / Redshift, etc)
- Experience with Agile development, Continuous Integration, github, etc
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- A competitive salary, generous benefits, and equity
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- A collaborative, open work environment at our new office in the heart of downtown Boulder
- New hardware of your choice, free snacks, a rooftop patio, and beer on tap
At VictorOps, we offer a great package which includes: competitive base salary; medical plan; dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan; paid holidays and 3 weeks vacation. We believe in work life balance, and we can prove it.
Qualified applicants can direct their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.