VictorOps is a growing startup located in Boulder, CO. This venture-backed team is made
up of a strong mix of very talented and driven individuals, with a proven senior leadership
team with a strong technical background.
The office layout is open and the floor plan helps to foster the casual, collaborative
environment that has played a key role in the company’s innovation of its product. In
addition, you will find everything you would expect in the office of a progressive and fun
startup – stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks to keep you nourished, rooftop patio,
and no less than two craft beers on tap for your enjoyment.
Who Are You?
Are you interested in being a part of making really cool and innovative software? Are you
the sort of person who points out flaws in video games you’ve played or who finds plot
holes in movies? Then, read on friend…
As a QA Intern, you will work closely with the product and engineering teams and will be
responsible for helping to create and maintain manual test plans, test our web and mobile
clients, and you may even have an opportunity to learn more about test automation!
No experience necessary, and it’s even ok if you have no formal programming background
however a general aptitude and eagerness in learning new software is essential, as are
good attention to detail and a knack for correcting grammar and spelling mistakes.
A successful candidate will have good communication skills, an eagerness to help our
engineering teams achieve excellence, and the ability to be self-directed.
- Execute manual test plans on an as-needed basis
- Create and maintain manual test plans using Zephyr (a plugin for Jira)
Work as an important member of the Engineering team to ensure quality for our
mobile and web clients
- Work closely with our Engineering team to help document creating new manual
testing test plans as well as maintaining existing ones
- Working with our people doing QA to help reproduce issues and document them
- Test and validate any of our mobile or web client software
- Vocalizing concerns around quality to the rest of your team
- The right candidate can also ultimately assist with creating and maintaining
- automated tests for our web client
Interest in learning more about the Software Development Life Cycle and the
importance of QA
Willingness to learn, eagerness to explore our software and help our team perfect
Bachelor’s degree (or progress towards one) in Math, Computer Science or even
English might be helpful but not required
Highly driven and self-motivated, comfortable with autonomy but happy to work
on a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong word processing skills in things like Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- A competitive hourly wage
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
A collaborative, open work environment at our office in the heart of downtown
Competitive hourly pay plus potential opportunities for advancement.